.

Thursday

fashion tweets

Much to M's dismay, one of the first things I do when I get up is check Twitter. Today, I woke up to this tweet:

Ed2010News: Ed hears that NYMag.com needs Fashion Week Interns! http://bit.ly/5pBDb

Even though I vowed I was done, and I mean DONE!, with applying to internship after internship, my fingers were itching. But, Fashion Week! It's my dream to go. In fact, during NY Fashion Week Fall 2009, I wouldn't let myself go to bed at night until I'd gone through every show on Style.com, picked my favorites, and made my own collection of over 240 looks.


What made the cut? Basically anything with black or muted colors and neutrals, leather and patent, big accessories, and killer shoes. I loved the slouchiness of VPL (above, far left), the girly paired with tough leather at Jenni Kayne (middle), and Yigal Azrouel's effortlessly chic look.

Another favorite of mine? Anything totally wearable.

These dresses from Rachel Roy, Nicole Miller, and DarylK (in that order, above) are just so easy and practical [okay, maybe the cut-outs are bit much for work, but still]. And, like Michael Kors says in this month's Marie Claire, the most important fashion pieces right now are things that are practical, span seasons, and have details that make them to-die-for.

I think this Fashion Week will have the same sort of feeling: an emphasis on practicality made special with details, highlighting accessories that are big and flashy. Can't wait to see!

2 comments:

kacedilla said...

You could always wear something under the cutout dress for work and then take it off for evening

lu said...

@kacey, so true! or maybe even a little vest over it.