.

Monday

urban, you're ruining my vintage high

A lot of you tweeters have said Urban's latest catalog looks very blogger-inspired. Well, I haven't seen it--all the copies at the store were gone!--but I did find an example of what you meant first hand.

EXHIBIT A: THE THRIFTED


You might remember from an earlier post how proud I was to find these babies after a winter of hunting for boyish booties. I was thrilled that, after all the hard work, my pair had the extra perk of cute fringe.

EXHIBIT B: THE MASS-PRODUCED

[$78 on the web; I swear the pair I saw in store were $58]

These fringed beauties were just chilling in the shoe section of Urban last week. Don't these look familiar....damn!

What's better, you think? Hunting and spending an extra $20-40 for mine [that's NYC "vintage" prices for you, but they are real leather, at least] or strolling into UO and getting the PVC pair anyone can have?

7 comments:

Alexandra Williams said...

This is so frustrating! I swear, I just came across the perfect pair of justin boots JUST LIKE THESE in the same color! Boo. I hope these disappear quickly so we can continue to love our finds. :-/

DailyRunway (Caroline) said...

I spent ALL winter buying and returning lace up boots just like those cuz I just couldn't find the perfect pair. I'm running over to UO tomorrow to see if there are any left! Thanks for the tip :)

DailyRunway (Caroline) said...

Oh and to answer your question .. I'd MUCH prefer to spend the extra $$ .. if I could just find the perfect ones!

Sarah said...

oooh i love your boots! they're a much nicer colour too! great blog dear xxxx

JOWY said...

Those thrifted boots are a treasure!!

One Love,
Jowy
www.iseejanemary.blogspot.com

Wangari said...

That must be annoying, but I have to say that your pair are definitely better (in every way). SO I think spending the time to find the perfect pair beats picking up some at UO (even though we don't have UO in Norway and would love to have it here!)

Anonymous said...

hmmmm first time I see fringe boots... can't say I'm thrilled though :(