.

Monday

fantasy monday: design darling on her birthday

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. It was a long, relaxing weekend--hope yours was, too! The celebrating continues, though, for my Fantasy Monday feature who happens to be turning 21 today. What perfect timing; every girl should get to dream big on her birthday! So without further ado, meet Mackenzie:

Show us your dream home.


My dream home is spacious and definitely has room for a pool out back...



With decor that's equally comfy and chic...



And a closet that looks something like this: organized and overflowing with pretty things.


Where do you wish you could vacation next?


After spending the past six months traveling through Europe, I'm more than happy to hang at home for now. Eventually I'll get the travel bug again though so I'm thinking I'd like to plan a jaunt up north to Montreal.


What is your dream job?


I wish I knew! I can see myself doing any number of things after graduation this spring. I entertain notions of designing a clothing line, becoming a stylist, selling real estate, decorating interiors, producing paper goods, writing about any one of those things... I'm all over the place!


If you could live anywhere, where would it be?


My freshman roommate and I have lived together all four years of college and we are hoping to move to New York together after graduation. It's so close to home and I've loved interning there the past two summers (currently for Jonathan Adler and last year for Ralph Lauren). It might take a few months of commuting from home in Connecticut and saving up for astronomical rent costs but that's definitely where I envision myself living for whatever the next few years have in store for me.

Thank you so much, Laura, for having me here today! It's been a pleasure.

Mackenzie is a design blogger and intern extraordinaire. Visit her at Design Darling for posts on fabulous interiors, amazing DIYs, and her favorite weekly finds.

6 comments:

vdcouture said...

super fabulous!! all of the pictures are amazing, especially the house pictures<3 gosh i want them!!! cool post!!

love,vdcouture

Unknown said...

Adore that girl! Happy Birthday Mackenzie!xx

and flowers pick themselves said...

oh, fun! great post.

xo Alison

Josie said...

Birthday dreams are the BEST, aren't they? What gorgeous photos and I absolutely love her dreams!
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for your sweet comment! Yours is fab; I can't wait for more!
xo Josie
http://winksmilestyle.blogspot.com

Heather Cavanaugh said...

I would ADORE a closet like that!!!

http://fashionistanygirl.blogspot.com/

Speaking Prada said...

that's my dream house too <3