.

Wednesday

workwear wednesday: fall wish list

Every few months, notably when seasons change, I look at my drawers and hangers of clothes and ask myself, "Why don't I have anything to wear?!" I've lamented often about my lack of good basics and drooled about what I wish I had. Now that I have a real grown-up-job, I'm toying with the idea of splurging for my dreamy must-have's.

isabel marant fall '10 faves [via closet of kruse]

So here's how I'd like to makeover my work wardrobe for fall, if I get the guts to spend the dough...


The Tops
I want uber femme sheer, silk blouses; sequins, even!, and a tad of military



The Bottoms
Aside from being on continuous hunt for the perfect black cigarette pant [high-waisted? pleated?], I want a flirty leather skirt, tapered ankle dark-wash jeans, and a caramel khaki--though I'm sort of over these cargos, already!



The Neccessories *
Will I or won't I cave to the clogs? Not before I find the perfect flats, and maybe a new work-appropriate satchel.


Ah, how lovely it would be to throw out all my junk and find these things in their place! What are you going to wear to work when the temperatures fall?

* The term "necessories" is genius shorthand for "necessary accessories" and coined by our summer intern... I'm not that clever.

9 comments:

vdcouture said...

way too awesome <3

love,vdcouture

pearl said...

love the leather skirt there!thanks for your lovely comment ;)

Love,
http://artyaffair.blogpot.com
( leave a comment after following if you'd like to exchange links!)

michelle_ said...

awesome post !
i love isabel marant's styling as well !!
and the PS1 is a must-buy !!
GLISTERSandBLISTERS

style-haus said...

wow wow wow...want it all! love the tops you chose and that suede satchel is sooo tempting!

http://style-haus.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

Great picks, I love the leather skirt, the Proenza bag, all the tops...pretty much everything. Thanks for your comment! I'm missing NYC so much and I could cry if LF has another sale....

Kb from I Want You To Know

Charleston said...

great looks on offer here x

www.pinstripeprince.blogspot.com

Wangari said...

Um Yes to all the above! Unfortunately I don't have a real grown-up job to go to but I can still want one and the clothes that go with it?!

My weeek started slow but it has been pretty great so far, went to dinner at a friends on wednesday and went to Oslo for the day yesterday (buying for the shop I work at). But man I can't wait for the weekend!

size too small said...

i think my go to fall/spring outfit (depending on where i am) is going to be cigarette pants, a button down and clogs. can't get enough of button downs and clogs lately.

Sarah said...

nice things!

http://www.sarahs-fashion-diary.blogspot.com/