.

Friday

summer friday: fashionable [?] signs of the apocalypse

One of my dear web-friends tweeted something the other day that literally made me LOL:
SIGNS OF THE APOCALYPSE: OVERALLS ARE BACK
SHUDDER! I get it, what comes around goes around, what's old is new again... but these babies are making their way back in some scary incarnations. I mean, do they have to be so literal?


Or so trying-too-hard-to-be-cool?

JEAN PAUL GAULTIER

Who wants to wear a full-on denim bodysuit these days, anyway? There's got to be a way to make this modern, chic, and classic.

Then, the clouds parted--and I saw Vena Cava's Resort 2011 collection.
I'm totally feeling their simple, beachy, and understated overall-inspired looks. This is the answer to this trend...something I can really get behind!


The black, slouchy look is perfect--so much cleaner than chunky denim--and versatile, too.


Suddenly, I don't feel as scared--as long as other designers and retailers follow suit.

What do you think?

8 comments:

Miles said...

I think it's a good find :)

Kelly Lauren said...

I love JPG but ewww to those hideous things. Also, loving the last two looks by Vena Cava... especially the black and white. I have a feeling my torso would be too long for the size I need for my hips haha who knows.

Unknown said...

that is too funny! overalls are dreadful though the vena cava options are a welcome surprise since they don't take the trend quite so literally.

alison (semi-fab lane) said...

funny that you posted about this. i was thinking the same thing... ewww, but you really found some great examples of a modified "overall" if it were up to me, i would never have to see another pair of denim overalls in my life (unless i'm on a farm :)

Sybil said...

love that last black jumpsuit!! im having a hard time accepting that denim overalls are making a comeback literally speaking.. they're too heavy and hot for me. hahaha!

Animated Confessions

michelle_ said...

im pretty happy that overalls are back ! i used to love em when I was in 3rd grade back then !

www.glistersandblisters.com
2 more days to enter my We Love Colors tights giveaway

Wangari said...

I loved overalls the first time they were in fashion but this time around I'm not so sure but I am loving the Vena Cava collection you found those pieces are absolutely amazing. Great find!!

also, thanks for your lovely comments :)

Victoria said...

It's the end of the world. Overalls terrify me.

Almost as much as jeggings.

(Shudders.)